The Big Island or Hawai’i Island is not only the largest of all the Hawaiian Islands, but it’s also the youngest and in my opinion the funniest. Only a 40-minute flight from Honolulu, The Big Island offers so much to see and do.
Whether it’s exploring its active volcanoes, vibrant bays and lagoons, crystal clear beaches, dense tropical rainforests, dark lava tube caves, or if you prefer, you can simply sip cocktails poolside while the sun goes down. The Big Island surely won’t disappoint!
To really experience life on the island I recommend spending at least one week at this majestic, diverse and relaxed destination. It’s a nice change from the hustle-bustle pace and commercialisation of Hawaii’s capital city, Honolulu.
Check out my adventures on the Big Island’s West Coast soaking up the sea, sand and sights:
Sights and activities featured in this video are:
- Roaming around Kona’s Town Centre
- Enjoying the ocean views at Lava Java Café for brunch
- Sunset cocktails at Huggo’s on the Rocks
- Poolside at Royal Kona Resort
- Frolicking in a private lagoon at Royal Kona Resort
- Manta Ray snorkeling in Kailua Kona
- Day spent at Hapuna Beach in Kohala Coast
- Watching the sunsets in Kailua Kona
Have you stayed on the Big Island Hawaii? Tell us what your favourite adventures were on Hawaii’s youngest and funniest island!