In this week’s post I visit one of Australia’s most renowned wine regions, the Hunter Valley. Boasting over 120 wine vineyards and recognised as the sixth most visited destination in the country, it’s a must-see attraction for any wine and food lover.
So next time you’re in Oz be sure to schedule a trip here where the vino is never-ending, the food is tantalizing and of course, the atmosphere is peaceful.
Here are some of my top wineries to check-out while in the Hunter Valley:
- Tempus Two – modern, funky and elegant, this cellar door is a favourite spot featuring multiple restaurants/bars and the locally famous, ‘Smelly Cheese’ shop
- Brokenwood Wines – is a down-to-earth spot with a friendly, knowledgeable and vibrant crew. More youthful in presence than most, it also boasts a great selection of wine
- Kevin Sobels Wines – a homely winery featuring an adorable pooch called ‘Archie’ the Saint Bernard
- Tallavera Grove/ Bistro Molines Restaurant – this is a must visit venue. Overlooking gorgeous rolling countryside, the view is to die for and so is the wine and food at the attached restaurant, Bistro Molines. Book yourself in for lunch and sample their wine beforehand
- Pepper Tree Wines – this award-wining winery features quality food, wine and accommodation and its surrounding gardens/ landscape is fairytale-esque
Have you visited the Hunter Valley? What are your favourite wineries?